View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 01:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
artsoul
SR Fan

Wow, Frothy, you described my "ah-ha moment" exactly:
I was unable to cleverly construct how my life was going to be different. I was slammed with the undeniable fact that it was going to be exactly the same.
SoberRightNow, it sounds like you are having some really serious detox symptoms. You said you were waiting for the treatment center to put something together for you, which is great, but do you have any idea how long will that take? I'm just worried that you really need to be getting medical help now.....

One serious danger during alcohol detox is convulsions (seizures) that may occur within the first 2 days of abstinence, according to the National Institute of Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA). NIAAA also reports that convulsions may affect up to 5 to 10 percent of patients undergoing medical detox. Convulsions are characterized by a rapid uncontrollable shaking of the body caused by repeated contraction and relaxation of the muscles. Additionally, convulsions can include a period of blackout followed by confusion, drooling, rapid eye movement, grunting, loss of bladder or bowel control, clenching of teeth and/or a temporary halt in breathing. MedlinePlus advises seeking immediate medical attention if this is the first time a person has had a seizure or if the seizure lasts more than 2 to 5 minutes.
It's so hard, I know...... I'm just hoping and praying things don't get worse. I hate to see anyone have to go through what you're going through.