Old 04-02-2011, 10:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
refrigerator

Originally Posted by Deanpotter View Post
I basically developed my drug and alcohol problem in college as well. I even had one roomate who would constantly tell me "Theres no way you can be an alcoholic your'e just in college, its normal." That is completely wrong for those of us who are alcoholics. You can use "College" as an excuse all you want for your out of control drinking but it just doesnt matter. It is hard seeing everyone else partying and what not, but everyone is on their own path. I deleted my facebook awhile back because I was sick of comparing myself to other people. I want to live my own journey, be the leader of my own life. I know that is not practical for everyone, but it has greatly helped my life become more peaceful. I dont have to worry about seeing ex g/f's with their new dudes, old friends still partying it up, et etc etc...The good old telephone works for me and anyone who wants to be my friend.

Anyway, stay strong and start forming a new group of friends who dont drink...we are out there and there are alot of fun times to be had sans booze!
Can't tell you how many times i've heard this in it's multiple variations. The sad thing is that most people actually believe it, but I knew for a long time I had a problem and just now in the last few months have I taken major steps to address the problem.