Thread: not sober
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 04:48 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Pete55

I know this is not a time or place to larf, but this really did happen.

When I put the drink down, I still smoked for about another month or so, then one night when I go got home, felt really guilty about the honesty bit, and I really did enjoy the "straight" way of new living.

Anyway, just before xmas 2010, a couple of friends came around we have not seen for ages, "old environments", just to drop in see how things are.

I was waiting to see what they were going to do next, knowing of course they still smoked. It was "custom" to offer a smoke, just because xmas was coming up, in their way of thinking.

Out they come with their "stuff" and I was just smiling, watching and simply being amused. One of them offered me a smoke, I said, "na, don't smoke"
The look on their faces as if I had broken traditions and the fact that they had driven all the way from the other side of town for a visit with "xmas peace offerings" and I refused it, and did not even wince or gave a lecture, just simply, "no thanks",
They then to ask, "oh, then is it ok if we do?" after they had already lit up, thinking I would join in.
It made them feel so uncomfortable. I got us all a coffee.
Then I said, it's cool, "let's watch a Green Day DVD".

Me being practical joker sometimes, I wanted to really see how they looked watching it. We watched part of the Green Day DVD, all is cool, had coffee and they left wishing each other a happy new year 2011.

The point is, I don't get hung up on what others do anymore, if they wanna fry their brains, that's fine by me, hope this illustration finds some hope for you to.