View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 03:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Babyblue

Thanks Trapeze. Before he went in, he had stopped drinking (on his own/AA) and was making an effort to be present. I got my hopes up too soon I guess. He knew he had to really dig his heels into recovery in a huge way to change his life so I was sad he had to go into something long term but he said he'd write and he hasn't.

I can read into that a million ways but my head goes right to my own feelings of self worth. I feel rejected. Is that healthy? Heck no. Am I working on it, I am and was doing well until yesterday. I am the kind of person that hates not knowing but we can never really know what a person's motives are or what they are feeling, we go by actions. And if his actions are an indicator, I am not to be a presence in his life right now.

I accept it, get it on thinking level, but it is turning into resentment. I am angry at someone who wants to fix themselves. It is a really weird place to be. I don't want to be angry. Anger is a feeling I think many of us on here have a tough time with. I want to let it go and just be a supportive friend. And I am finding that so so difficult because of my intense feelings.