SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - THANKS RAH...Its The Best Laugh Ive Had All Week
Old 04-02-2011, 08:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Back when I owned property that I leased to my ex (not an alcoholic) for his business (winery) I was freaking out because I didn't understand the tax stuff (fortuntately we weren't married so that wasn't an issue) and I was worried because any legal problems would be a disaster for me, professionally. I found a good accountant that I gave ALL the info to, who plugged everything into the right place and took all the responsibility for figuring out what deductions I was or was not entitled to.

Even though I live alone now and long ago sold the winery property (talk about a financial albatross!), I continued to use the same accountant to prepare my taxes and now that I'm planning to start my own business later this year, he's been a GREAT resource of advice and will keep me on the right track.

For me, having an accountant has been a godsend. It's not unlike having a good lawyer, someone who you are paying to look out for YOUR interests. If you can afford one (mine charges $270 to prepare individual returns and around $500 for a business return) (oh, and the fee is deductible) it is a GREAT way to reduce the stress around tax time.
The Following User Says Thank You to LexieCat For This Useful Post:
Tuffgirl (04-02-2011)