View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 02:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
naive

hi and welcome-

what comes to mind is that AA, NA and alaon are free. AA and NA for him and alanon for you.

regarding the agrophobia, if you can't be alone then you could perhaps find a meeting place that holds both meetings at the same hour. if not, you could always travel together to the meeting and the one not in attendance wait in the hallway or in the car or take a nice stroll about the neighborhood.

NA is for his pill use. AA is for his alcoholism. and alanon is for you, to get some support during this difficult time in your life. it's not appropriate for you to attend his meetings nor he attend yours. i feel this because both of you need to have a private, held-space made up of others who have similar experiences.

if you can't do it that way, there is always alanon on line for you, plus the resources here.

the salvation army is free, live-in detox, that is my understanding anyway.

any chance for weekly counseling with a psychologist/counselor through your insurance for you? i found counseling helped me to rediscover myself.

for him, there is no point in counseling right now, as he is still using. in my opinion, the drugs and alcohol must be removed first, before counseling can begin to be effective.