View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
XXXXXXXXXX

Suicide threats?

First to update, things have gone from bad to worse. Last week, when he went into binge mode, I left. I came back to an upswing. I thought we were making progress. Yesterday he was fired from his job.

So he asked if I would stay, I said I probably would until the schoolyear was up, as long as he was really working on sobriety. Then when he asked about the wedding, I had to say I can't see it right now.

So then came the suicide threat. Am I really cold to just see this as more f'ing manipulation. I don't think he is really suicidal. I responded, probably not the best way by saying "well, that would be your choice, it would be a very selfish choice especially when you think about your son and the rest of us that love you but if that's what you gotta do, it's your choice"

So I came home from work to find him drinking. I told him he had to go, I was not going to a hotel, he could. He kept begging to stay and begging me to stay with him. I packed him a bag.

While typing this I am at cheesecake factory with my daughter. He was supposed to take her to buy me a gift, then we were to go to his sons school for a choir performance, I just got a text from an ex girlfriend of his. He is on her couch, telling her how much life sucks.

Was my response really wrong. Is this a common threat?