Thread: I blew it...
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

What's your next move?
I don't know yet... I am not ready to pull the divorce trigger I guess but I am thinking that I ought to find out about getting a legal separation agreement.

He is starting an outpatient rehab program today and there's a family component one time a week. I think he assumes I am coming to that and I don't really want to. I feel like there should be something happening on his end before I give him that time and emotional energy again.

History: He did this 12 week program already this Fall. It meant that he did nothing at all to help with the girls for 3 months bc of the hours of the program. It required me to change meetings at work, make all kinds of sacrifices, made the girls have to sacrifice a lot too and then the weekend it ended (it ended on a Fri) he started drinking again and it has been worse than ever ever since.

So, right now I don't feel like offering a solitary bit of support to his doing this program. If he wants to do it, great, but he's going to have to find a way to meet his obligations and make sacrifices himself when I have job responsibilities I can't get out of (which this fall I did get out of and it did not go over well with my administrator).

Is this wrong of me to not want to be accomodating this time around?