View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 07:09 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
duqld1717

Whereisthisgoin and GettingBy,

I can completely relate to you both. It really is like trying to love two separate people because at times they can be fun, loving, and caring guys. Then when they drink, its a total personality change. I spent most of the relationship loving him one day and hating him the next. That is so stressful. You should be able to love someone everyday.

Guys in their 30's, 40's and even 50's can get any girl they want if they play it right and are good con men which most A's are. It doesn't seem fair but the key word is "play". They can only fake themselves for so long before they unmask themselves. And the way I look at it, they are worse off in life because every relationship they ever have will most likely end in ruins. When the day comes that you do decide to get out, that will be the first day of the rest of your lives. You will cry and your heart will hurt because everything you had hoped for the relationship is gone. But, you will get yourself back and you won't feel like a prisoner anymore. You lose him, but you actually gain back so much for yourself and I am experiencing that everyday.

Thanks TakingCharge....your insight is always so spot on and inspiring. I was having a gloomy day yesterday and all of your posts along with everyone else's really made me hold my head up again. A big part of healing is constantly reminding yourself to think logically rather than emotionally about the situation. Its so easy to slip back into emotional thinking about an ex and start to miss them or be jealous of the "new girl". But, if you stop and think logically, all they really are is a big ball of pain wrapped up in a fake smile and empty promises. That is not something to miss or be jealous of AT ALL.