Thread: Im new here
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 06:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zrx1200R

good words, all above. I suggest really listening to what they are saying.

When one of these alcoholics responds suddenly, and permanently to one of us asking him nicely, it will be the first time.

You are not bound to this person by anything other than you choice to stay. There is no commitment on either end.

Based on my living with one for 20+ years, I can assure you they don't get better. They get worse. Much worse. And I wouldn't wish the experience on anyone.

I am a man of few regrets in this life, and I regret not leaving at the first hint of what my alcoholic does. The difference is, back then I didn't have the collective wisdom of hundreds of years living with these people. The same collective wisdom that is here, and giving you the benefit from the school of hard knocks. Search around for the post on here explaining how their alcoholic magically found sobriety and everyone lived happily ever after. I haven't seen it.

You have a choice. Stay, or leave. Staying is easier now, but harder for the rest of your life. Leaving is harder now, but easier for the rest of your life.

Choose wisely.