Thread: Ouch
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 05:02 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by PickMe View Post
He IS in recovery. He did not drink that night. We are taking a break at my request though.

I won't be posting anymore because clearly I am unable to post in a manner that is clear. I AM in Al-Anon and he IS in recovery. Somehow I have managed to not make that clear in multiple posts.

Thank you to everyone for your opinion, even if the only real opinion is "dump him."
I guess I am confused.... you described a scene where he is treating you badly- you said that if he didn't reply or get in touch you'd be done by a certain date- the behaviors you describe on his part don't sound like someone in recovery and speaking just for me, I was trying to offer you support and encouragement and say that you deserve to be treated better.

If what you want to hear is that things sound good and you should stick it out and that we think your bf will change etc... I am afraid that I, for one, can't offer that.

I do hope you will continue to post and I am sorry that things are difficult for you right now. You deserve to be happy and it didn't sound in your post like your bf contributes to that...