View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 01:44 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
WhoWasIThen

Terry, right or wrong, I certainly understand what you did and why you did it. My AH has "suggested" in a variety of ways that I'm paranoid, overly sensitive, or downright crazy when I've accused him of various behaviors that he was in fact guilty of. We're in marriage counseling right now, and he calmly admits to the therapist that he was doing these things and in fact trying to make me think I was imagining them.

If his paperwork (assuming he ever started AA) were right in front of me, I think it would take a level of moral fortitude that may not really exist to resist finding out if I was perfectly sane all that time. Because that's what you were probably looking for, validation. If it were me, that's what I would be looking for. Validation that my own mind is secure. If you were just looking to see his deepest darkest secrets, that is not so understandable. But I think people are judging a little harshly I think. I would certainly not value his privacy over my sanity, and if he knows there are hurtful things in there, he is risking your feelings again by leaving them out to tempt & shock you.