Thread: Help!!!!
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
tl1792

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
See? You got some positive stuff going on already, just by reaching out--first to us, then to your Mom.

It must have been really hard for your Mom to just kinda wait for you to reach out to her. But it sounds like she can be a great source of support for you.

Maybe you want to go to your first meeting without telling him exactly what you're doing? Do you really need the drama? The meetings are only an hour or so. Could you get out without an explanation needed?

By not telling him where I was going and having to come up with a lie to explain where I was...no the drama would be ten fold compared to just telling him. I have to be honest with him. There was a 6 month period in my life when I wasn't honest. I did some pretty bad things that at the time I justified. After that I am always brutally honest, I don't even tell little white lies. He may lie to me and he may be a horrible person but I won't go down that road again. I am a better person for that. Now if I can just quit lying to myself....