View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 06:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Verbena

Originally Posted by terry2768 View Post
But what about his vows to our marriage, and my feelings, I have never broke our vows, those are sacred to me, how do you think I am feeling
I think you are feeling angry, betrayed and hurt. I don't blame you for your feelings. You are most certainly entitled to them.

The reality about alcoholics is that you can't count on them, you can't trust them and you can't believe much of what they say. And, even when they go into treatment, it takes weeks and sometimes months before they start to normal out again (as my RA friends C and M tell me).

You alcoholic husband's brain has been hijacked by booze. His thinking has been skewed as has his behavior.

Every time my AH starts lecturing and pontificating, I have to remind myself that I'm not listening to man I married. I'm talking to the booze junkie he's become.

I would take some time with this issue. It's only been six weeks. I know it's hard and it's not fair.

Consider that you are facing a future with who your husband is becoming not who he was when you married him.