Old 03-28-2011, 02:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

BobbyJ,
Here's the passage for today (March 28), Courage to Change book (and it hit me square in the chest when I read it this am)

What happens when I physically hold tightly to something? I turn my head away. I squeeze my eyes shut. My knuckles ache as my fists clench. Fingernails bite into my palms. I exhaust myself. I hurt!

On the other hand, when I trust God to give me what I need, I let go. I face forward. My hands are free for healthy, loving, and enjoyable activities. I find unexpected reserves of energy. My eyes open to see fresh opportunities, many of which have been there all along.

Before I complain about my suffering, I might do well to examine myself. I may be surprised by the amount of pain I can release by simply letting go.

Today's reminder:
How much can God give me if I am not open to receive? When I hold onto a problem, a fear, a resentment, I shut myself off to the help that is available to me. I will loosen my grip on something today. I will let go and let God.

It's time to let go, BobbyJ. And that sucks at first. I am so incredibly sad (see findingpeace's post) but resolved that I have tried everything, said everything, given chance after chance but I cannot accept a partner who does not take responsibility for himself, either. Today is actually getting better as I unclench a little more each hour.