View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 12:26 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
LeadHatter

would any codependent ex codependent or recovering codependent care to share their experience with me regarding codependency?

I am a recovering alkie with 12 weeks and some change sobriety and have only this last month discovered what is codependency.

i have only been actively working on my codependency for about a week now using a book [codependent no more by melanie beattie] really thats pretty much it [although i have some skill myself so probably brought something to the table].

recently i also found the following page semi randomly :
http://www.gingeroffershope.com/therapy/codependency.html

for me the line 'codependents often confuse pity with love' was a real eye opener, but as i am doing more and more reading i dont know where i will end up on this.

so im asking for help and asking that someone with more experience in recovering from codependant stuff can give me a clue or 2 dang even 3 as to how you are getting well, how long it has taken and what are your tools for so doing.

further to this message reading back chino and impurrfect you both mention having understood codependency was something to be corrected a long time ago [3yrs +] wow. i had been thinking hey perhaps when i finish my book i will be all done! also i will review your responses and pm any further question but off to buy food now om