Old 03-28-2011, 09:46 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
nodaybut2day

Every single relationship I've had has been "toxic" either because of the guy, or because I was a raging controlling codie.

The person I am seeing now, and have been seeing for over a year, is...*very* normal. Some would say even "boring", which is probably why when we hooked up 6 years ago, it didn't work. I was still looking for the bad boy and this guy just isn't that. He's the eldest son of an Italian-Irish family..very dedicated to his family and deeply moral. He has a job as a teacher and has been doing that since we graduated 9 years ago. He has never borrowed money from me and often likes to pay for things, though he doesn't get offended if I do. That's a RADICAL change from XAH the Moocher.

Our interaction is SO easy. There's no drama. There are no threats and no fights. We have had a few disagreements that have resolved themselves in a matter of minutes, with clear communication and understanding. I can be fully honest with him about touchy subjects and he is aware of my triggers (and I of his). We have laughted, we have romance, we have an understanding about our duties to our family, and we share many core values. He's VERY flexible especially considering he's dating a single mom who lives with her parents at the other end of the city. I'm not in any rush to get hitched or anything, but so far, things are going sooooo nicely.