View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 05:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Beardo

Recycle - I'm thinking i need to reintroduce daily meditation, it really helped alot while I was in rehab and it's something I did continue once I was home but have let slip since I went back to work.
AnthonyV - Thanks for the links, I definitely need to look at my diet, to be honest it really isn't the best. I take a good daily multivitamin and thiamine but I'll definitely look into some of the other supplements and glutamine. The cravings are just more pronounced after an argument, I have several strategies for dealing with them though most of the time I accept them as part of recovery and don't pay them too much mind unless they're particularly nasty. I'm not even close to picking up a drink or using, that just isn't an option anymore.....things are stressful at the moment but it would all get infinitely worse if I went back into active addiction, I'd lose my wife and kids, my job etc etc. That isn't really worst case scenario either, that's pretty much guarenteed.
Isolating is one thing I need to be wary of, it's pretty much the first indication I'm going downhill.
Azureseas, Zencat, LaFemme and Cabledude - Thanks for the support and encouragement!!

What meditations work for you all? I've mostly done guided meditations and I'm not too aware of what else is out there.....ideas?