View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 07:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Linkmeister

Originally Posted by pixilation View Post
Ah is threatened by anyone I socialize with. Be it Al Anon, friends, family, etc.

He doesn't know about SR, I type the site in by hand every time, and have my browser settings set so that there's no trace of my history when I close the browser.
Same here. My password here is hidden away and I sign in and out of here every time. Same goes for FaceBook and my email.

As for Al-Anon-ABF has been threatened since he first found out about me going. I have endured insults, snide remarks, comments that because we have not been together long, I don't need it, it's a cult ( he refuses to go to AA-it's a cult as well), that they stole everything from AA, and on and on and on. One memorable evening when he was drinking saw him interrogate me about what goes on in a meeting and when I refused to get into it, started in saying that "We" have to know what is being said about them behind closed doors.

My friends in Al-Anon are a threat, my co-workers at the bookstore where I volunteer are a threat, everyone that is out of his comfort zone is a threat to him - in one word: CONTROL.

Now that I have taken it upon myself to pick up some computerized accounting courses at a local Business college along with on-line courses for my CGA designation, he has got all bent out of shape and started drinking again. Told me I was a quitter (I left our local university because I could not get the courses I wanted and would be waitlisted until the Fall of 2011)and according to him, there was no sense of me wasting my money on this endeavor. Again, I'm out in the real world which is a threat.

When we go out of their parallel universe, out of their comfort zone, when we venture into the world of "normies" or others in recovery, it rocks their world because that all important control vanishes; we see them for who they are, can call them on it and are no longer totally enveloped in their parallel universe.

Originally Posted by BobbyJ View Post
This might need to be added to the list of QUACKING!!! LOL
..or as a sticky.......