View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Threatened by Al-Anon?

Hi all! I've posted before about my RAH making Al-Anon jokes. Well, in the midst of the "discussion" about taxes last week, he started in on Al-Anon again...saying things like "I don't know what those people are telling you" and "I don't know what kind of recovery you think you're in" and such...really snide comments. I stopped him right away and said, "What is with you and your negativity toward Al-Anon? Do you understand you have not had one positive thing to say about my recovery in that program?" It really caught him off guard...he mumbled something about mocking what he doesn't understand and said a very non-humble sorry.

He never acknowledges me when I go to meetings at his location - even though I have to walk by his room to get to mine. No request to meet his sponsor. No introductions to anyone there, "hey folks, this is my wife..." The one time he acknowledged me there was out in the dark parking lot. I also invited him to join me in a meeting - there are spouses who come down the hall from AA to join our meetings on occasion. Their gratefulness toward Al-Anon is very comforting.

Anyway else experience this kind of animosity toward Al-Anon from their A?