View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 03:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
chicory

Tigerlilly4,

You know, I think I have read about three other stories almost like yours exactly. Where the guy gets into recovery, and then feels the need to start over, and distance his self. I read one here yesterday. he has all these things to think about, and probably had to be a bit self centered right now. not sure, but that makes sense to me. Maybe maintaining a relationship while trying to stay sober is an added pressure. maybe some feel the need to dive into meetings, studies, and socializing with others who know what they are facing.

Like Lexie said, He is probably in a big emotional upheaval, and I would guess almost everything needs changing in his life. That is big for someone who has been looking at life through the bottom of a bottle.

Find an alanon group. You will find understanding there and a great support system. You have to take care of you, and let him take care of him. This has to be very hard for you, and I am sorry for your pain. If you should ever work things out, alanon would be quite useful in teaching you what is healthy for you.

stick around, there is an awesome group here. and more than you can imagine have been in your very shoes.

hugs
chicory