Old 03-27-2011, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SarahBear

Why would my friend lie about being friends with her ex-fiance?

I found out from other sources that she is still friends with him. I don't care, its just that I don't get why she has to lie to me about it. The guy is a drug addict and doesn't really have a stable job. Her parents wants him out of their daughter's life.

My friend had called off the wedding last summer, still has the wedding dress and wears her engagement ring.

Id confronted her about it once and she lied about it. The guy, after they had broken up, I was helping him financially until I realized his stories weren't adding up. Then I told him that I was done with him. Not sure if he's still a drug addict and wouldn't be surprised if he's still one. Her ex-fiance told me that he wasn't using anymore when I was hanging out with him

I happened to run into the guy when he was around my friend. I can tell she still has feelings for him. Since the 2 of them had split from the engagement, my friend n I haven't talked much. She doesn't answer the phone or texts very often. Her ex doesn't like me anymore bc I finally put my foot down that I wasn't giving him any more money. I have to wonder if he's playing guilt tactics with her. Because he sort of did that to me when I didn't want to help him out anymore. Funny how people disappear when you stop giving them money.

There are a couple kids involved though they didn't have any kids together. My friend has a kid who thinks he's the "real" dad. The kid has no contact with the bio dad

They're both alcoholics so maybe its an codependency thing