Thread: Celebrity Rehab
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Creekryder
Cause no harm

I, too, am doing this without f2f support and use my cyberdrunks to help me when I feel I need the support. Doing it alone, I come face to face with my drunk side, with whom I grapple and wrestle frequently. As a result, I feel stronger than that part of me and, armed with that knowledge, have been winning the battle. But please do not be misled...I feel that sometimes I am on shaky ground, that my victories could have easily slipped in the other direction. I have prevailed, yet I am still extremely cautious, with a finger on the trigger, so to speak, to how persuasive the addiction still remains. I am only 40 days into the sobriety and I have been here before. And I have fallen flat on my butt just as many times. Yet I still look for new strategies, new battle plans, and changes in myself to make this the success I seek.
Loneliness is a cunning ally of alcoholism. Along with its brothers, fear, hopelessness, anger, and pain, it can enter your resolve and begin to undermine your efforts. More than once it has been a factor in my relapses.
Keep talking to your wife, sober friends, and staying in touch with us here on SR. That can be a powerful force in your corner; enough to give you an edge. That is what we all, regardless to which path we take in sobriety, need to stand firm in finding life void of addiction.