View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 12:10 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
stilllearning

Originally Posted by SoloMio View Post

I should have known the day I got my very first credit card--I was just out of college in my first real job, and I got a BankAmericard (precursor to Visa for all you young'uns). I was planning on saving it for emergencies. However, ABF (at the time) talked me into using it to buy his-and-her Earth Shoes.

Different era, same sh..!
HAHAHAHA!!!! I had -completely- forgotten about earth shoes!!!! It made me smile - it also made me think of another retro reference. Remember the start of the TV show "Fame" - the theme tune would play then the dance teacher would say "Right here's where you start paying..." That should have been the opener to my first date with XABF And earth shoes are -exactly- the kind of thing my ex would have been into. I spent a lot of money on his sanctimony - he would only eat organic, he would only use million dollar eco-friendly detergent.

In fact, if he had been as concerned about his karmic footprint as he was about his carbon footprint, we would have been in good shape. Between week-long drug and alcohol binges and multiple arrests he would get back into yoga and talk a lot about good energy (oh, the hypocrisy). His body was his temple, that is during the cycles when he wasn't stuffing it with drugs that I was too sheltered to ever have even heard of. I suspect you know the drill.

We were supposed to move in together - I baulked. Some small part of me knew that I'd end up paying all the rent, buying all the groceries and more or less footing the bill. One small, tiny healthy part - thank God I had one small tiny, healthy working part..

I hope none of the above sounds bitter - I'm not. It took the better part of 18 months for me to come out of the fog and be able to pick the hypocrisy out of a lineup. I'm in a place now where I can (mostly) laugh.

Hugs,

SL x