View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 02:08 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

Hugs, Callie. XAH used to pull the debit card thing or writing bad checks all the time.

Him: I only pulled out $5.00
Me: I told you we didn't have anything in the account until you posted your paycheck.
Him: HR messed it up again; I couldn't cash it.
Me: So there was, and is, NO MONEY in the account and now we have an overdraft fee of $25 for the $5 you pulled.
Him: So next time I'll just pull out a couple hundred and then the fee won't seem so large.

What??? Didn't matter that I tried to tell him that it might be a criminal offense to write checks when you know there's no money to cover it. Not for him. That's why they have overdraft fees. Then he did start pulling $300 here, $500 there - all without depositing anything.

I completely second the suggestion to close the account, cancel his card. Please do call the DV resources though. They'll also help you with any plans to get him out of the apartment/house safely.

XAH got incredibly mad when I actually did close the account, even though I told him weeks in advance that it was going to happen.

Take care of yourself. Keep yourself safe. Sending you hugs, wishing you peace and continued strength.