View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
callie212

what should i do?

Yesterday all day my ABF was nice as can be...it was just disgusting I think. I love you's and general nice behavior. I didn't feed into it and just kinda avoided him. By the end of the night he was a little frustrated that I wasn't "nice" back...(not that I wasn't nice, I just wasn't all happy joy and touchy lovey...). I just was kinda mellow..whatever and ignored him for the most part.

I went to bed early and so did he.

Today I am at work and he is home. He has the truck but there is no gas in it. He has a debit card of mine that is attached to an account of mine that I use to transfer money from my main account whenever I need to send him to the store for me and he needs money. So his friend owes him $100 and got paid today and he is begging me to give him $10 to get gas to go get it. With the promise that he will return it as soon as he gets it from him. I know that he ows him money, so I know the story is true.

However, I don't want to help him. He let this friend borrow the money 3 weeks ago when he got his tax return and he has money a bunch of times that got spent on alcohol. Now he can't get down to the city to get the money he is owed. His problem, right?

I am behind on my bills and I got paid today and have about $80 to last me 2 weeks. So I can't afford to loose $10 this pay period. I had to pay double rent to catch up. But the problem is that I am enabling him by giving him the money because he got what he needed despite him having the money earlier this week and spending it.

I offered to let him take my car when I get home around 6:00 and he refuses saying that he is worried that his friend will have left work by then (he would stop at his buddy's job) and have spent some of what he owes him. I call that crap. Not to mention it would only cost about $3 or $4 in gas in my car.

He says hes stir crazy in the house all day...oh well...

He needs the money to buy a carton of smokes ($50) and he claims the rest will repay me and buy a few groceries for the house...

BUT--if I don't I can guarantee that we will have a big fight tonight. I know he will go steal alcohol like he always does, get drunk and mess with me, possibly end up with the cops coming to the house. AND I DEF DONT WANT THAT.

I'm fairly confident that he will give me the $10 back...but its sooo giving into him. If I don't decide in the next 20 min he won't have time to get there and back before DS gets off the bus.

HELP!