Old 03-25-2011, 07:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

When XABF appeared at work unexpectedly and unwelcome, and started talking about how the relationship problems were all my fault and I hurt him so much, I didn't get sucked in.
When my mother tried to invite herself to visit my apartment last month I was able to say no (although it took some time and I had to talk to some people to calm me down).
When I tried to open up to my parents and ran into the same problems I have always have, I stopped and changed the topic rather than try to force them to see things from my side.
I talked to someone's manager at work about their repeated cryptic emails and then angry demands when I did not answer them, rather than suffer through silently, or blame myself for not understanding what she was talking about. (She didn't even know what she wanted me to do.)

I still seek approval from others, even though I know I don't need it.
I am still second guessing myself about how other people will react to things I do or say.
I am still "too nice" - nice is good, but not at the expense of myself.
I am still quick to defend myself even when I know I'm wrong, rather than backing out gracefully, because I'm still too trained that being wrong is bad.

Progress, not perfection.