View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 05:57 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Chino))) - so glad your stepmom is back on recovery road, and that your daughter is willing to give the anti-d's a go. My dad is the same way..he says he's always been healthy, and hates to admit he needs meds for high blood pressure...won't even consider anti-d's. The last time he felt "funny", went to the fire station to have his blood pressure checked, it was high. The firefighter told him "just because you've always been healthy, doesn't mean you always WILL be and if you don't take you're medicine, you're going to get WORSE"

For now, he takes his medication most of the time. I do understand your daughter not wanting to be dependent upon medication....especially with our past. However, I think we have to get "stuck", get sick and tired of not feeling better, despite the fact we're doing well, to be willing to accept treatment.

I think it's great that your stepmom is writing her a letter, and it's no small coincidence that this is all happening at the same time. You all remain in my prayers.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy