View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 03:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Chino

Stepmom called me from the hall (she was doing the books) and she's back on the recovery road, just for today

She's going to send daughter a letter, she said she has things she learned that she wants to share. This is a very good idea because daughter hates the phone, doesn't do email or social networking, but loves to read and write.

I have to say this all might be a blessing in disguise. Because of stepmom's relapse and depression, a concern I had about my daughter came to the surface. Over a year ago, RAD chose to try and work through depression with therapy alone and without meds (she hates the thought of being dependent on drugs, once it stopped being fun). In the last few months it's looked like she's stuck, to me. Not backsliding, not moving forward and kind of flat.

So I finally asked her to please consider reviewing her progress and treatment plan with her doctors. She said she's not been able to shake the depression and would ask. Well, for the first time ever, she consented to trying an antidepressant today. I guess her doctors were ready and waiting for her to ask, because she said they both said the name of the drug at the same time, and as soon as the words came out of her mouth LOL!

I was in tears when she called and told me. I'm so happy that she's serious about her well being. Now I'm just going to hope this med is the right fit for her.

One day at a time