View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
pixilation

You need a cell phone kmkluvr. there is a net10/Tracfone out there that costs $10($30 for the net10 version, but it comes with $30 worth of minutes, the tracfone doesn't come with minutes) Very small amount to pay for some peace of mind. And is there a safe exchange place in your area? I would look into that.

Speaking of detachment, how do you let go of the expecting the alcoholic to at least supervise the children when you ask it of them? Yesterday I went outside to shovel(storm day, got 12 inches dumped on us in one night, and snowblower has a flat tire), and while I was out there, I asked AH to watch his children. I came in to find he was still staring at his video games, and youngest had gotten to my sewing box, so thread/needles/snaps, etc were dumped all over the floor. the sewing basket had been right next to AH. DS had also gotten to the newspaper so that was strewn all over the floor. I lost it, not only had I busted my back shoveling, but then to come in to find the mess, it was bad. I know my behavior was bad, but dang it..I shouldn't be shoveling anyway, but no one else would do it, and I needed to make sure I could get out of the driveway.