View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
whitecat

Thank you all SO MUCH!!! I don't know how to do the little individual thank yous on the bottom of the posts yet - sorry. First, thank you so much for welcoming me to the site. Second, thanks for the feedback. Suki, it's good to know that a rule of thumb is to wait a year. I've told him I need to see at least 6 months of sobriety + change before I could even begin to trust him again (when that came up recently, he said he didn't remember me saying I needed 6 months?!?). He's been at the halfway house for about a month & a half now since being released from jail. I think a year sounds like a better time frame than 6 mos.

Bobby, that's great info about the brain...I'd like to know more about this. I'll check out the website you mentioned Also, I'm familiar with what a dry drunk is...it was a year between his most recent relapse and the one before it and as far as I can tell, most of that year was with him being a dry drunk. It was awful & that's another reason I want to see progress & not just more abstinence.

I want to write more but I'm so tired, I can't. I'm going to keep checking back & reading more info from here. Again, thank you all for your support.