View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 10:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

The hardest part, for me, when I realized all I'd lost, was admitting that I let it happen. I taught "him" (I have 3 XABF's) how to treat me.

I finally got to the point where I'd had enough....I wasn't going to lose one more thing because of what HE wanted. I had MY life to live, and dammit, I was going to live it.

It took me well over 20 years, and developing my own addiction, to get to this point, but I've made a promise to myself...I will never let another man, or substance, ever control me again. I do what I have to do (which includes being on SR a LOT, as well as having friends here, that I e-mail daily) to get to this point, but it does come, the more we learn that we deserve the life we want.

BTW, I'm an animal lover. If I had to choose between a man and my cats? The man could hit the road. It's not only that my cats are my babies, but they mean a lot to me...anyone who doesn't understand that, doesn't understand me, and I have no room for someone in my life, like that. btdt, and still have regrets

Hugs and prayers,

Amy