View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 09:59 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Chino))) - I, too, hope this is a blip on the radar. I know actions speak more than words, but the fact that she called you, that she's owning her part of the relapse...well, I'm one of those that believes in happy endings, but I will pray that she finds her way back to recovery.

I'm sure that your daughter's recovery is weighing on her mind. They've formed a bond, she's thrown a kink in that, and who knows? It might be one of the things that pushes her forward, rather than continuing the spiral down.

I'm proud of how you've handled this, that you came here to talk about it. I think it's perfectly understandable about you worrying about your daughter's recovery.

I asked my stepmom, a couple weeks ago, what would be the first thing that went through her or dad's mind if I didn't answer my phone (or call them back ASAP) or they didn't know where I was for a day or two....she flat out said "we'd be scared to death you were back on drugs". This is after 4 years of recovery.

I understand this. I instilled that fear in them, and it will always be the first thing they fear if I "disappear". Your daughter is becoming aware of her own codie issues, and I promise you...it will make her realize what you've been through, and this is a good thing.

I think letting your stepmom tell her is a good thing. This is between them, and I'm praying that in a month, she is well back onto "recovery road". If not, I pray that it shows your daughter how vigilant she has to be in her own recovery....both from addiction and codependency.

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy