View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 03:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
HoopNinja

wantto I am so sorry. Right now eduction is being slashed everywhere. Where I live the governor just said that no one could be involved in collective bargaining anymore. He made unions (for government employees) go away.

Can you use your education training in another way?? I know it is not probably the most appealing thing--depends--but prisons are often looking for teachers as are juvenile detention facilities. Is there a technical college near you--you don't need a PhD to teach at a technical college--a masters is fine. If you can, find a headhunter and see if they can find something for you.

You are an educated and intelligent person with years of experience. Yes, right now things are bad for education--no doubt about it. Sometimes when we have been doing something for so long we get blinders on. I started to apply for ANY job I thought I might be able to do. Someone took a chance 3 months ago and I got a new job--different--but I love it.

Feel bad for awhile--but then take that strength and power you have and channel it into you. I figured out no one would care if I lost my job. I was the only one who could respond to it and decided to respond as someone who would figure it out.

Again, I am so sorry this happened. This stuff always seems to happen at a time when you really don't need it.

I am brainstorming here--maybe others can help. You could be a trainer for a company. You could be a trainer for a company that provides education to professionals who need credits to maintain their certifications like attorneys and accountants. You could be the person who sets up the training for large conferences.

Anyone else? If you want to then you can, right?