View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 01:33 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
rowanthe

She called me alittle while ago. She finally got to work at 1:00, 4 hrs late. She was upset and ranted about her ex (who has the kids) that he didn't drop her daughter off at 1 as he was supposed to. She called him and he told her he was there, she was not, so he took her home and put her down for her nap. She was upset because she was only a few minutes late...

I just listened, didn't respond in the negative or affirmative. She kept talking, when suddenly she stopped and got mad at me. Asked me if I was siding with him, and thought she was a piece of crap? Kept saying, "You're mad at me" I just kept my control, told her that I loved her, and that I was really busy at work and had to go.

I could tell she was angry and defiant, just thinking I disapproved.

Did I do the right thing? How am I supposed to react to her. Do I just outright tell her "Honey, this isn't my problem" or do I just stay quiet? Not sure how to do this. It won't take her but a few times to realize that I am not getting involved, or pointing out to her what she is doing wrong.

Somehow, I think that is going to make her angry and defiant too. I alternately tell her what she is doing wrong, and then baby her and try to fix it. She won't know what to do when she realizes that I am not going to do anything anymore but tell her that I love her.

Is this the way it is supposed to be done?