Old 03-22-2011, 09:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bel14

Dear Sydney,

I applaud your wanting to be 100% clean! Very, very admirable and that is the attitude it takes to get there.

If there is one thing that I read one time, that makes so much sense, it is this...you do not "work" Sub....you let it work on you. I know you want to be pill free as quickly as possible...I do too. I am currently tapering off of Subs. The thing is, there is not really fast route without suffering w/d. If you want to taper slowly, as comfortably as possible, then work with your doctor and let the Sub do its thing. Do this over a several month period and work closely with your doctor. If you do not feel he has your best interests at heart, then try to find another Sub doctor. I went thru 2 before I found a very good one who is really concerned with me beating this addiction.

When starting on Subs...the more you have in your system, the more comfortable you will feel coming off your prior drug. I was comfortable doing 4mg in the morning and 4mg at night. I let bad doctors, trying to manage my pain from bad back surgery, increase me to 24 mgs/day. I would not suggest that high dosage unless you needed it.

I'm sorry that I cannot give you any advice...and I'm not a doctor anyway But, I do feel that your questions are best answered by your doctor. Tell him just what you've told us here...that you want off the Sub as quickly as possible. If he's a good doctor, he will honor your decision and work with you to get you there.
Best of luck to you...you sound determined and you will make it.