View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 05:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
SoloMio

It sounds like the things that are keeping you stuck are fear, anxiety and attachments.

Fear is not a good enough reason to hold you back. There are many people here who have courageously moved forward in spite of fear and found a better life--better than they could have imagined.

Anxiety is not a good enough reason to hold you back. Do the "What's the worst that could happen" exercise with yourself. If you think ANY of those consequences are irreversible and not worth the risk, then don't do it. Otherwise, the best antidote for anxiety is action.

Attachments are not a good enough reason to hold you back. Every great spiritual leader will tell you that inordinate attachments are a great impediment to spiritual growth. What are you attached to, anyway? Friendships, old memories, hope for the perfect family life. If you can really detach from those things in your heart, and then make a decision based on indifference to them, that will be the best decision, I think IMHO.

I think it was great for you to list all of those feelings--I applaud your honesty! So I hope you don't think I'm being dismissive of them, but I've felt them all myself. I'm not saying you should stay or leave, but I would not make a decision based on fear, anxiety and attachments to things that are illusory.