View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 02:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Genie

I have his 2nd book. Basically, he says you make a Big Plan - that being you say/write "I will never drink again - and I will NEVER change my mind". If you never change your mind, then you will never have a problem with alcohol ever again. Use the AVRT at times when your BEAST is trying to get you to take a drink and recognize that you have the power over the beast. The beast cannot do anything unless you do it.

Trimpey doesn't have anything good to say about AA and believes that using such a system only sets the alcoholic up for relapse because one is only doing it "one day at a time" so your BEAST is always waiting for you to slip up.

If you were to talk to Trimpey he would flat out ask you..."What are your future plans for alcohol?" Most people have no idea how to answer this - they never think about it. They want to say - well for now I don't want it, but I may use sometime in the future. Trimpey would say that is your BEAST talking.

If you make the big plan to never use alcohol again and never change your mind then you are free. You don't have to go into recovery becaue you never intend to use again. He figures recovery is only for those who have plans of replasing/using again.

It does seem to make sense that if you say to yourself - that's it. No more - never even just one, then you'll never have to worry about alcohol again.

Genie