Old 03-21-2011, 12:09 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Stimmed
Moment of Conception

Tally/Tuffgirl have put it a lot better than i could...

and have prompted me to add a little explanation...

The latter part of my post was trying to tell you, that no matter how i felt about her i just could not stop at any time we were together. Or even after, 'until' i reached the bottom. Thing is, even tho you both show some classic Alcoholic/Enabler relationship signs, i cannot say for certain that he 'is' an Alcoholic (but quite possible), but! i most certainly agree that you yourself are acting out an Enabler's way of doing things. Its tough to swallow, i know, but thats about the size of it. This will grind you down and wont be nice at all.

As for anyone not wishing you luck... i dont agree, as i have already given mine, and besides its not in my nature not to... but!! >>>You're gonna need it if you stay<<<, if you dont?... who doesn't need a bit of luck in life anyway?! ;-)

A good point Tuffgirl made about posting in Acoholism to maybe hear others who reached their bottom, 'is just that, a good point', simply because if this guy is truely addicted to Alcohol, then please trust me when i say 'you dont want to be around', and on top of that... chances are you wont be. If you have any value on your own self respect and that of others who will most certainly be connected to you, you will get out while you still have the wisdom to do so. Just as my X did. Remember she had it for 10yrs, and i learned (from sources, not her) it took quite some time for her to recover, next to the fact she will still have plenty of memories when prompted.

Did it ever cross your mind that my partner and i had talks, serious talks?
Of course we did, and i couldn't tell you how many.
Yes they shook me up! and i behaved, really good lad for a time! but i was still 'addicted'.

I dont know much about the meetings suggested, but i believe they would help you.
Your other half? Find out 'for sure' if he is addicted or not... then you can make the right decision.

I dont mean to make fun but... remember that old saying... 'Love is Blind'

Best o Luck to you, really :-)

ps... remember that an addicts mind serves only itself. If he refuses to find out for sure, then he should be sacked on those grounds right there right then. Your future well-being will be at stake.