View Single Post
Old 03-21-2011, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
XXXXXXXXXX

It's like he wants to get caught

I can say that since starting therapy and meds for drinking, he has not gotten out of control. Most nights he hasn't had any at all, and although he is grumpy and moody, life is good. The weather is nice and we got out to enjoy it this weekend.

BUT
He has been sneaking a beer, here and there and evidently thinks I'm the stupidest person alive. He thinks I don't know, even though he so so sloppy and lazy about hiding it.

Saturday I took the kids (I have one and he has one) out. He said he didn't want to go because the meds make him tired and he needed just to be alone and rest. So I took the kids out for a treat night and returned around 9:30.

In the toilet was a receipt for one of those 3 pack tall bud lights. He put it in there and then forgot to flush. He has also hid it in the trunk of the car, then left his keys lying on the table. When I went out to get something, there it was. A can, fallen off the deck and he doesn't pick it up, so I find it, and my favorite.......the faint smell on his breath that he doesn't think I am able to smell evidently.

Saturday when I got home, I could tell that he had been drinking, he admitted to drinking only one of those, but I bet it was more. When he wanted to "talk", I just told him I was going to bed, because while I was out having a great time with our children, he was staying home to drink. I went to bed.

Sunday he got up and asked if I wanted to go for a walk. We took the kids to the Y for swimming and out for ice cream. He apologized for not going Saturday, but didn't apologize for drinking. He feels like going from drinking to excess every night to having one "on occasion" is making progress, and thinks I should be more patient.

The other thing, that I have shared here before, is that he is taking his meds, but it is because I deliver them to him and watch him take them. Every morning before I leave, I give them to him. I do this again when he gets home from work and at bedtime. If I leave them out as his reponsibilty to take, he doesn't do it.

And no, I still haven't discussed delaying the wedding. We already live together and raise our kids together (I do most of the raising LMAO). We have a chapel rented and I have a dress that I feel like a million bucks in. I'm 38, and I have looked forward to this wedding, but more importantly to a marriage. My family knows nothing about our problems. His parents know how good I am for their grandson, I think they just might to anything to keep me there.

I do know how rediculous it sounds, If the problem gets worse, it would be better to tell my parents about it now, rather than after the wedding.

Anyone else have an A that is so bad at hiding it? Does he want me to call him on the rug about it? Do you?