View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 04:38 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi

Are you already living with him?

I moved in with an XABF oh boy was it different from just dating and sleeping in different places. They say alcoholics don't have relationships, they take hostages, I agree with it.

The whole experience, the early "wonderful person", the opening up my eyes to alcoholism, the moving out , break up and mourning has been the saddest, most difficult times of my life. 2 years later I am still not fully recovered. And my story was "light and easy" compared to the others. Oh and he is of course still drinking and got someone else right away, and never felt bad or apologized or saw anything wrong with him.

I felt like a used napkin trashed away when I no longer laughed at his misogynistic joke and when I no longer had a drink with him and when I no longer offered to drive him anywhere because the guy couldn't even walk straight. He could not use me anymore so he started calling me "his enemy". And he also told many lies to our common friends..... turned out the "wonderful man" was just a show to put up with his addiction. As easy as that, whatever I felt or needed was not important.

Mute the movie, see his actions, that's reality... what do you want for your daughter later on... for her to spend her money in dresses and in spas and traveling... or for her to spend all her earnings in therapy?? what do you want for your son, to see him starving because daddy can't hold a job anymore. This is not a game and I hope you take a look at the ACOAs forum to see your decisions are very important and far-reaching. Above anything else give a good hard look at what you want for yourself..... I also think you deserve a good life with people that are capable of love and caring.

All of us deserve that.