Old 03-20-2011, 03:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
RedPaprika

TakingCharge, thank you.

I am doing therapy, I don t need it though to know, believe and feel my life s worth so much.

It is common for people who have gone through tough situations to rush and see aspects of themselves in others. I am not offended by your post, I appreciate it, but that s not me. I ve always been in really healthy relationships with very nice, kind, offering people.

You speak with anger for your ex. At least that s what I m understanding reading your post. The thing is, that my "bf" (obviously not bf anymore) has things to offer. I know, that being an A means that s all it is to it. There s no room for anything else. But, I know this person, and I would never talk in a bad way about him, just because this is his way to cope with his problems.

Empathy is the key word. My last post was about me being happy for him. I m not talking about "us". Knowing that his breaking up with me, might be one step closer to his recovery. That s a positive thing, and a man that wants to change his life in a better way, deserves every chance. And I m not angry at him because he has been weak. I want him to manage to stop drinking, as much as I want it for everyone willing to manage anything.

This is why we re here though. To share experience, to learn from each other, and help each other. Your point is clear, and I m sure it will be helful for f&f that are concerned for their own As. Psychotherapy is an intresting experience that can be helpful in all sort of difficult situations.