Thread: Tired
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
buttercream

Originally Posted by MCESaint View Post
This *despite* me telling her on the telephone to take a taxi cab home and texting her the same.

She knew the risks; she'd gotten away with driving drunk so many times; and we'd been over and over the consequences. Yet, no change in her.

Tired of the self-pitying from her. The "I should leave her." "She can't get better." blah, blah, blah.

Don't really want to be divorced again. What I want . . . what I tell her I want . . . is a HEALTHY spouse.

There's been all the lying about who, what, where and when. The "secret" stashes of "the blue bottle." Coming home tanked and, then, being . . . well, her sober personality is just different than her drunk personality. Her drunk personality is just so irrational. Says irrational things (things that make you go "huh?") about things on the television or world events; she's more confrontational/combative. And physically she's so unsteady - sways, stumbles.
I relate to ALL of the above with my AH. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone! I've tried so many times to coerce my AH into acting responsibly. I have only been able to find peace by not trying...and relinquishing responsibility for him to him.