Old 03-20-2011, 02:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

I hope you can get a therapist or counselor who knows about addiction. I do think there is something in you that made you feel attracted to this man. A man that has nothing to offer. Therapy has helped me a lot to understand why I do what I do. I went out with an alkie like this guy and with many other people unable to be there emotionally.

I really wish you take this chance to dig deeper into your motivations and beliefs about yourself. It took me more like a decade. I wish I had seeked help sooner.

BTW I left this XABF and 2+ years later he drinks the same or more, I gather from some comments from 3rd parties. I am glad I didn't stick around to put up with his sickness and resent his dumb decisions. So far I am just glad I didn't die when he drove drunk. I wonder what the hell I was thinking, but well, then I didn't think my life was worth much. Or that I deserved proper love/attention/consistency.

Anyway please seek help regardless of this man being around or not... that is my advice... otherwise you'll meet the same person again only in a different body. This is not judgmental just what happened to me, over and over again until I started to get it was me all this time..

Hugs!!