Old 03-19-2011, 07:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
zrx1200R

Instead of repeating what I have so often said here the last 3 months, which is easy to find, and is exactly what everyone else says....let me offer something new.

I'm a grown man. And I went out socially tonight. A social group I belong to had their monthly get together at someone's house. There was lots of excellent food, and a lot of alcohol. I mean a lot. Beer, wine, hard liquor. And almost everyone was drinking. My wife went, and she had club soda. Bravo for her. I digress.

As mentioned previously, I'm all grown up. And I behaved as such. Meaning I had some food, then I had 2 small cocktails. These were very small, probably around an ounce each. On the rocks. And each one sipped slowly over about 30 minutes.

That is how someone without a drinking problem behaves.

I could have pounded down a bottle of anything I wanted, chased it down with beers, and topped it off with wine. Then had a cigar.

That is how an alcoholic or a child might behave.

So the decision is yours. You can find a man who can behave as I described, and maybe live happily ever after. Or you can stay with this guy, and have an exponentially more difficult rest of your life. I can promise the latter choice will not be happily ever after. But it might have a few happy moments. Maybe a dozen.

Choose wisely.