Old 03-19-2011, 10:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
oak

I love everyone's response.

I used to flip a coin and pay attention to how I felt about the result. (Are you excited or disappointed by the result? Do you want to keep flipping the coin until you get a particular result?) I did not base my decision on whether the coin flip came up heads or tails, but I used my reaction as more info in making the decision.

Do you do anything that helps you feel more centered and grounded (or more in touch with your true self, essence, whatever you want to call it)? For me, being in nature or meditating helps me feel grounded and helps me get in touch with what I want to do.

I love the idea of a list of pros and cons to both choices. (cost benefit analysis) It often helps to get thoughts out of our heads and onto paper.

Focusing is a process developed by Eugene Gendlin. It is not specific to decision-making, but it might be helpful. It can be used to get more in touch with any issue that is bothering you. Six Steps (en)

Also, just remember that it would be a difficult decision for most people who are really considering all the ramifications.

My heart goes out to you. Although I am glad you have options, struggling with a big decision is hard for me too.