Old 03-18-2011, 08:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
emp919

scary therapy

Originally Posted by WhoWasIThen View Post
What good is marriage counseling? The therapist asks me if I can sit quietly in the dark and listen to him talk without trying to read his emotions, and I think "What"? You mean walk right into the cage he's trying to lock me in? My sixth sense about him has been dead on, so you want me to turn it off now and just succumb to insanity.

I just got here to this forum as well; I have little ones (8, 5 and 3/3 twins); your post sounds like anything I might have written about my AH. Particularly that part about the counseling, I felt like an animal that just kept getting put into a cage and returned to the lab for more torturous experimentation. My AH had a way of manipulating the therapists in minutes and suddenly everyone in the room was a threat to me. Felt exactly like walking in a trap. I can remember being in the car on the way to therapy together and seriously considering hopping out of the van at the next stoplight and running.

Thank you for posting; it helps to just know that we are not alone and I hear your concern for your children loud and clear...

~emp919