View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 02:51 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
WhoWasIThen

How can I give advice, knowing I've made all the wrong choices? Well, that probably qualifies me. Lol. I'm asking others for help in my own thread, and I saw yours.

Don't make this choice for you. Make it for the you that you're going to want to be in five years when his drinking is so much worse. Or make it for the kids you two will have together who will be affected by having an alcoholic father.

I didn't even know my husband had a drinking problem when I married him, and we'd been dating for ten years. The last few years before we married, we lived together. He either hid it really well, or he suddenly became an alcoholic from almost the moment we got married. Maybe I was too naive or young to notice the signs.

You have none of these disadvantages. You see the signs. You are already worried, already heartbroken.

You will love someone else. Do it for the older you, maybe the you with children, who will find it so much harder to leave a man that will have become much worse.

Above all, I can tell you, that my forum name is "Who Was I Then" because I have become someone not so strong, not so vibrant, not so trusting, not so loving, not so whole".

Last edited by WhoWasIThen; 03-18-2011 at 02:53 PM. Reason: addition