Thread: Rough morning
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 09:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Rough morning

AH was supposed to show up and bring D3 and D5 to school. $10 to the first one who can guess what happened?

Showed up 30 min late. Told me I was to blame bc he is not living at home, is without an alarm clock, is tired (got victimy acting) etc... I told him it wasn't my problem and said that it's not okay to promise to be somewhere (particularly when it's the girls he is letting down) and then blow it off. He gave me a nasty wave of his hand and went and sat in the living room and started playing "fun dad" while I wondered whether to tell the girls to get their coats on, shoes on, etc...

5 min later he sauntered in and asked if they were ready to go (he'd been with them all this time). I told him I was under the impression he was getting them ready and taking them as that was the plan. He knew this too but wanted to play dumb to get a response from me that he could then gripe about.

He started in with accusing me of being passive aggressive (projection much?) and I defended myself, got emotional, crying etc... and voila- instant fight.

End result: I learned that he has been taking $20 out of our bank acct daily for cigarettes and beer (this is during a time when we are struggling financially). I learned that he caused some MAJOR financial/tax problems for us bc of his failure to complete a tax form for work that he claimed he did last spring. I learned that he has not been calling the outpatient rehab program he swore up and down in an email he sent last Sat that he was calling and that it was a priority. I learned he had been making plans to buy a motorcycle and when I found out and said it did not make sense since we are struggling financially, that he slammed me to his colleagues (and one of them told me this) claiming that I am a "nazi" and a bunch of other derogatory remarks.

I try to be the grown up, I worry about schedules and finances and act like an adult and I get badmouthed by the child in an adult's body who has a tantrum when he doesn't get his way.

I have had it. I am so angry and I don't buy that this is all the disease at work. I think that my H is simply a jerk through and through. He was born a pathological liar, he will always be one and he wants to be a drunk and a selfish baby more than he wants to have a family.

Sorry for the anger but I am really really angry and fed up and needed to vent.

All I have to say is thank god I love to run and I am going to go on a lonnnnnnnng one later today.