Old 03-18-2011, 09:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Here's a good site University Counseling and Consulting Services: Student Academic Success Services: SASS from the University of Minnesota about stress and stress management.

Having stress wile sober feels like a teaching tool for me. I feel encouraged to take on the stressful matter knowing I will gain valuable experience. Experience I can rely on for the next stressful situation. And all that is a great confidence builder no matter what the outcome, because I did all the necessary work with my best effort to find and reach that solution. The end result will make for little regret along with an ease of acceptance.

Originally Posted by AG
The other thing I wanted to say is that I am really glad this secular connection forum exists. Sometimes, I am too impressionable, and begin to doubt myself when I feel someone is arguing that there is a correct way to achieve recovery and that it's not the way I am going about it. I don't normally feel this way but I think because of all the stress I am particularly vulnerable right now.
Sometimes I see that the other recovery camp uses recruitment techniques to discredit other recovery modalities than their own. It dose get a bit tedious having my choice in recovery modality's made light of. But its to be expected when others use a propaganda campaign to sway the opinions of others.